THE AIM OF THE CONFINED SPACES WITH EEBA TRAINING COURSE:
To prepare candidates to safely enter, work and exit Low & Medium Risk Confined Spaces. The course involves the safe use of access equipment (Tripods, Rescue Retrievers), Confined Space Rescue Harness, Atmospheric Monitoring Equipment and the Use of Emergency Escape Breathing Apparatus, in addition to the duties of the Top Person/Safety Attendant. The course includes underpinning knowledge of Confined Space legislation, identification of Confined Spaces and their associated hazards, Confined Space Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work for Confined Space.
THE COURSE OBJECTIVE:
To enable delegates to:
- Identify any hazards and associated risks involved when entering confined spaces.
- Understand the current legislation and codes of practice for confined space entry.
- Implement control measures such as ventilation, gas detection & monitoring to eliminate & reduce potential risks.
- Select, inspect, use and store personal protective equipment and site safety equipment.
- Understand and work to entry permits and safe working procedures.
- Work with escape breathing apparatus.
- Implement the appropriate accident and emergency procedures.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Confined Spaces with EEBA Training Course is suitable for all personnel required to operate within a Confined Spaces.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of Video Presentations covering:
- Understand the legislation associated with working within Confined Spaces.
- Principles of Confined Space Hazards.
- Awareness of Confined Space Risk Assessments.
- Principles of a Permit to Work system.
- Safe use of equipment and tools in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
- Understand and demonstrate the duties of the Topman/Safety Attendant.
- Understanding of the principles of Confined Space Communications (methods, types and limitations).
- Understanding of the Principles and Procedures for Atmospheric Monitoring.
- Understanding the principles of Ventilation (methods, types, limitations).
- Prepare and use emergency escape breathing apparatus in accordance with
- manufacturers’ specifications.
- Follow procedures and work safely.
- Prepare to enter, work and exit a Low and Medium risk Confined Space safely.
- Principles of Confined Space Hygiene.
Card & Certificate of Competence, valid for 3 years before renewal.
SYNERGY TRAINING COURSES:
You can view all of our courses here.