AIM OF THE CRUSHER TRAINING COURSE:
This course will provide participants with the knowledge and skill to undertake all necessary steps in order to carry out the safe operations of Crushers, including site safety during operation of the equipment. Participants will also be able to carry out pre-start and stop checks.
On completion of the Crusher Training Course candidates will have an updated knowledge of health and safety awareness and be able to work at a significantly lower risk to themselves and others whilst operating the Crusher. Candidates will be able to operate to the requirements of the current legislation.
Training Course candidates require previous experience and must be able to certify that they are physically fit and have no medical conditions that might prevent them from attending this course. Delegates should be able to write and speak in English. Safety equipment will be supplied by your trainer.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of Video Presentations:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify how to use the remote control.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Identify and maintain appropriate PPE.
- Safely mount and dismount the crusher.
- Start and stop the engine, belts, feeder, jaws/ hammers safely.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Explain the different types of crushers, the advantages and disadvantages of using and how they crush the desired material.
- Communicate with loading operator establishing agreed signs, desired product size and production speed.
- Carry out an emergency stop / safety precautions.
- Carry out crushing tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for crusher transportation.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
Card & Certificate of Competence, valid for 3 years before renewal or NPORS (N207) Crusher Card.
SYNERGY TRAINING COURSES:
You can view all of our courses here.