AIM OF THE MATERIAL RE-HANDLER TRAINING COURSE:
This course will provide participants with the knowledge and skill to undertake all necessary steps in order to carry out the safe operations of Material Re-Handlers, including site safety during operation of the equipment. Participants will also be able to carry out pre-start and stop checks.
On completion of the Material Re-Handler Training Course candidates will have an updated knowledge of health and safety awareness and be able to work at a significantly lower risk to themselves and others whilst operating the Material Re-Handler. Candidates will be able to operate to the requirements of the current legislation.
Training Course candidates require previous experience and must be able to certify that they are physically fit and have no medical conditions that might prevent them from attending this course. Delegates should be able to write and speak in English. Safety equipment will be supplied by your trainer.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of Video Presentations:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their function.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Safely mount and dismount the machine.
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out processing tasks.
- Carry out processing task.
- Load material onto transporting vehicles, containers or processing plant.
- Fit and remove attachments.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
Card & Certificate of Competence, valid for 3 years before renewal or NPORS (N722) Material Re-Handler Card.
SYNERGY TRAINING COURSES:
You can view all of our courses here.