PLANT LOADER & SECURER TRAINING COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates do not require any previous experience but must be able to certify that they are physically fit and have no medical conditions that might prevent them from attending this course. Delegates should be able to write and speak in English. Safety equipment will be supplied by your trainer.
It is envisaged that by the end of the Plant Loader & Securer Training Course the trainee operator will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operative in the industry.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used and relevant legislation.
- Be able to identify different types of transport, explain their purpose, the major components, basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the loading / unloading area.
- Ensure that the transporter is correctly configured in readiness for loading and unloading.
- Explain hazards that may exist in the work area and how to avoid them, e.g. underground services, overhead power lines etc.
- Agree a method of communication and use it.
- Load or direct items of plant onto and off transporting vehicle.
- Arrange and secure items of plant on transport vehicle ready for transport on the public highway.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.
NPORS Accreditation. Card & Certificate of Competence, valid for 3 years before renewal.
SYNERGY TRAINING COURSES:
You can view all of our courses here.