THE AIM OF THE ABRASIVE WHEELS TRAINING COURSE:
To train operators in the safe mounting and selection of Abrasive Wheels and Cutting Discs.
THE COURSE OBJECTIVE:
To enable delegates to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and accepted good practice. To select and mount the appropriate disc for the work practice that is taking place. Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & other current relevant legislation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All personnel required to operate potable grinders, bench grinders, Stihl Saws etc.
Candidates do not require any previous experience but must be able to certify that they are physically fit and have no medical conditions that might prevent them from attending this course. Delegates should be able to write and speak in English. Safety equipment will be supplied by your trainer
ABRASIVE WHEELS TRAINING COURSE SUMMARY:
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of Video Presentations covering.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to the equipment
- Hazards and precautions to be observed when using abrasive wheels
- Wheel selection
- Storage, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels
- Examination of abrasive wheels
- Mounting of abrasive wheels
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Practical exercises
Card & Certificate of Competence, valid for 3 years before renewal.